Revision as of 12:32, 14 September 2019 by RafaelNavega
About animation for games.
- Cartoon Animation by Preston Blair
- 28 Principles of Animation by Walt Stanchfield
- Tricks to Animating Characters with a Computer by John Lasseter
- Acting and Animation by Doron A. Meir
- Letters of Note - How to Train an Animator by Walt Disney
- Thoughts on Modular Animation by Dan Fessler
- I want to be animator thread on the Polycount forum with a bunch of useful links.
- Pose to Pose Pop-Through Animation by Keith Lango
- The Walk Cycle tutorial by Dermot O’ Connor
- Animation tutorials by Mike Brown (theory, gimbal lock, rigging, walk cycles)
- The Animation Clinic: Animation Training for the Masses ($) by Keith Lango
- Spungella Many tutorials and links, great resource for Portfolio Tips, Animation Resources, and Rigs
- Great Links at AndyToons More links, Tutorials, Interviews with Great Animators etc.gathered by Andres G. Lazaro
- The Angry Animator Bouncing Ball, Walk Cycle, and Lip Sync Tutorials by Dermot O' Conner
- Manipulating Rigs at Animation Buffet (norman rig but can be applied to any rig) by Nair Archawattana
- Jason Ryan Animation
- TraptCG - animation tutorials as well as others.
- Blocking Fast Action Shots By Kiel Figgins
Rigging means weighting a polygon mesh to a skeleton so the model can be animated.
Sources for free motion capture (mocap).
- http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/ (bvh format for 3ds Max here)
Blogs, Podcasts, Etc.
- http://www.navone.org/blogger/ Victor Navone's blog (The alien song guy who works for Pixar now)
- http://animationpodcast.com/ Animation Pod Cast
- Speaking of Animation - Podcasts with Industry Professionals on current releases by Ben Willis, Adam Strick, Jacob Gardner, Stephen Melagrano
- Carlos Baena's Blog
- The Yelling Rocket
Must Read Books
- The Illusion of Life by Ollie Johnston and Frank Thomas
- The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams
- Drawn to Life by Walt Stanchfield
- The Animators Workbook by Tony White
- Stop Staring by Jason Osipa
- Directing the Story by Francis Glebas
- Anamie - simplified Drawing/planning animation by
- Draw the Looney Toons by Dan Romanelli