- Main Page > >
Links to popular shaders and articles about how to make new shaders.
Popular 3ds Max Shaders
(in no particular order)
- MoP Texture Blender by Paul "MoP" Greveson. This shader uses blendmodulate for vertex blending with per-pixel detail. From the Polycount thread The Snow and Ice of Uncharted2?.
- The BRDF shader for Maya by Brice Vandemoortele and Cedric Caillaud has been ported to 3ds Max by Christoph "CrazyButcher" Kubisch. More info in the Polycount thread Free Maya/max cgfx/fx Shader. Update: New version here with many updates, including object-space normal maps, relief mapping, self-shadowing, etc.
- 3ds Max viewport shader by Laurens "Xoliul" Corijn. More info in the Polycount thread Xoliul's 3DS Max Viewport Shader.
- TF2 Shader for 3ds Max and Toon/Comic Shader for 3ds Max by Till "Rollin" Maginot. More info in the Polycount thread TF2 and TOON realtime viewport shader (3ds max).
- Agusturinn Shader Demo by Wang "RTshaders" Jing. Shader features: "One UV texture, Two point lights, Diffuse map(include alpha which control transparency), AO(ambient occlusion) map or Lightmap share the same channel, Normal map,Specular map,Specular level map,Gloss map,Emissive map, Two type of Cubemap---One is diffuse cubemap for generating IBL(image based lighting), the other is enviroment cubemap for reflection."
- Paragalis Shader Demo by Wang "RTshaders" Jing. Shader features: "Post effect, 3dsmax2008/2009 viewport shadowmap, Subsurface scattering, Cubemap Image based lighting, Diffuse(alpha channel control opacity),Normal map,Ao map/Light map,Specular,Specular lever(mask),Gloss etc., Shadermodel 2.x compatible for AMD ATI card."
- Planar Relief Mapping by Fabio Policarpo. "This version works with any mesh and execute the ray intersection in tangent space. Apparent depth can be controlled with a factor (aspect from width or height divided by depth). So depth 0.1 means 10% of texture tile width/height in object space. This version does not require any extra information passed on vertices."
- Shaders by Ben Cloward. He has a bunch of HLSL shaders available for normal mapping, ambient occlusion, car paint, skin, etc.
- SSS Skin Shader by J.I. Styles. "The aim of this shader is to emulate all the perceptual qualities of realistic skin like translucency (sss), fresnal specular, gloss, oiliness, etc - kludging what I can to produce fast yet realistic looking results."
Popular Maya Shaders
- lcNextGenShader by Leonardo "chronic" Covarrubias has many techniques and parameters, including normal mapping, specular, ambient env cube, SSS, etc.
- BRDF shader for Maya by Brice Vandemoortele and Cedric Caillaud has been ported to 3ds Max by Christoph "CrazyButcher" Kubisch. More info in the Polycount thread Free Maya/max cgfx/fx Shader. Update: New version here with many updates, including object-space normal maps, relief mapping, self-shadowing, etc.
- Maya CG shader by Kostas "Kodde" Gialitakis also supports a BRDF map. More info in the Polycount thread "KoddeShader", a Maya CGFX shader.
- The Tech-Artists.Org Shaders Portal has a ton of great information about shaders.
- TF2 Shading in UT3 by Steffen "Neox" "polyphobia" Unger shows how the Team Fortress 2 look can be emulated using a shader network in Unreal Engine 3.
- Main Page > >