A list of tutorials and training websites for game artists.
Polycount Wiki Tutorials
This wiki has a large number of free tutorials, and we tend to carefully review new additions to make sure they're relevant and accurate.
A few popular wiki sections:
Free Tutorial Websites
Free sites often have more content than pay sites, but the authors tend to be inexperienced, and the content tends to be unedited for clarity and accuracy. Here are a few of the better free sites:
- creative crash
- Autodesk AREA - Tutorials for Autodesk products (free registration required)
- Autodesk 3ds Max learning path - 3ds Max official tutorials
- Autodesk Maya learning path - Maya official tutorials
Pay Tutorial Websites
Pay sites generally offer better tutorials than free sites, because there tends to be more editorial oversight, and the authors are usually professionals with experience.
- 3dmotive ($)
- Digital Tutors ($)
- Eat 3D ($)
- Gnomon School of Visual Arts ($)
- imbueFX : VFX Training ($)