Difference between revisions of "Category:Whitepapers"
m (35 revisions)
Revision as of 03:42, 29 July 2014
This page has links to conference proceedings and research papers (aka whitepapers) about game graphics.
- Black Rock Studios
- CAVE (Columbia U)
- Epic Games
- Guerilla Games
- Insomniac Games
- Naughty Dog
- NVIDIA Developer Documentation
- NVIDIA Research
- Pixar Library
- Spash Damage
- Sony Computer Entertainment America
- Technische Universitat wien
- Tri-Ace Research
- Ubisoft Engine Room
- Valve Software
- Volition Inc.
- Conference Whitepapers Master List
- SIGGRAPH 2011
- Game Developers Conference 2005-2010
- Gamefest London 2010
- Gamefest Seattle 2010
- High Performance Graphics
Game Graphics Books
- Graphics Programming Black Book by Michael Abrash (2001) - free download
Game Graphics Articles
How game engines work, game graphics examples, effect breakdowns, etc.
- Game Art Tricks blog with game effect breakdowns by Simon 'SimonT' Schreibt. See the Polycount Forum thread Article: Game Art Art.
- Realtime Rendering - Overview and Optimisations for 3D Artists a video by Mike Pickton
- CG Science for Artists – Part 1: Real-Time and Offline Rendering by Leonard Teo
- CG Science for Artists - Part 2: The Real-Time Rendering Pipeline by Leonard Teo
- Beautiful, Yet Friendly Part 1: Stop Hitting the Bottleneck by Guillaume Provost
- Beautiful, Yet Friendly Part 2: Maximizing Efficiency by Guillaume Provost
- ExtremeTech 3D Pipeline Tutorial by Dave Salvator
- The Direct3D Graphics Pipeline by Richard Thomson
- Efficient Art Production. Theory and practice by Andrew Maximov
- Polygon Count
- FAQ: Game art optimisation (do polygon counts really matter?) from the Polycount forum
- How many textures per model is too many? from the Polycount forum
- Graphics topics on the DevMaster wiki
- Why so blue? thread on the Polycount forum has an informed discussion about texture compression.
Pages in This Category
Pages in category "Whitepapers"
This category contains only the following page.