Difference between revisions of "Portfolio"
(Created page with "= Category Portfolio = How to create an artist portfolio for a career in game development. == Design == * PortfolioContents - how Art Directors evaluate portfolios for: A...")
Revision as of 21:56, 3 August 2014
How to create an artist portfolio for a career in game development.
- PortfolioContents - how Art Directors evaluate portfolios for: Animator, Character Artist, Concept Artist, Environment/Prop Artist, Generalist, Technical Artist, User Interface Artist.
- Your Portfolio Repels Jobs by Jon Jones describes the do's and don'ts of artist portfolios.
- GDC Vault - Killer Portfolio or Portfolio Killer: Advice from Industry Artists (Part 1)
- Work at Bungie: Getting Past the Gatekeeper details how to make the best impression on Bungie's hiring manager.
- NateWhitePortfolioAdvice by Nate White has a solid summary for recent graduates about what their portfolios need.
- Quick portfolio site tips for 3D artists building their first site by James Taylor
- One Step: Portfolio Horror by Jim Zubkavich describes what you should never have in your portfolio. It's from a comic publisher's perspective, but the basic advice applies to game artists as well.
- Should portfolios demonstrate versatility? Polycount forum thread
- Advice about improving your portfolio from EarthQuake (and others) Polycount forum thread
- What should be in your portfolio? Polycount forum thread
- Game Art Portfolio Wall by Matt 'mats effect' Nelson
- Your favorite portfolio? on the Polycount forum has links to members' favorite artist portfolios.
- Need the best free website design site Polycount forum thread.
- Setting up a quick portfolio site Polycount forum thread.
- Model Presentation has tutorials and techniques for rendering your models.
- has links to cool shaders for rendering your models.
- Where do you host your portfolio? Polycount forum thread on hosting sites, posts include prices and reviews.
- on the wiki lists which art software professionals use.
- Free or low cost 3D and 2D apps on the Polycount forum has advice about free and low-cost software to use.
Getting a Job
- on the wiki has tips about getting and keeping a job as an artist in games.