Difference between revisions of "Reference"
(Created page with "Reference imagery on a variety of topics. == Game Art Reference == * Game Art Examples List: game art dumps on the Polycount forum. * :Categ...")
Revision as of 22:01, 3 August 2014
Reference imagery on a variety of topics.
Game Art Reference
- Game Art Examples List: game art dumps on the Polycount forum.
- Game Art Concepts
- Level Design Reference Database: a searchable collection of game screenshots with assigned tags that describe the images’ content.
- Game Art Portfolio Wall: game artist portfolios
- Dead End Thrills: game screenshots artfully composed, plus interviews.
Forum Reference Threads
- Google Image Search
- Bing Image Search
- Flickr Image Search
- Yahoo Image Search
- AltaVista Image Search
- Lycos Image Search
- Wikimedia Commons
- Category:ReferenceAnimation for motion reference links
Reverse Image Search
Search for images similar to a source image.
- Google Similar Images
- RevIMG - search within specific subjects: flags, famous paintings, symbols, monuments, etc.
- TinEye - reverse image search
- WhatTheFont - reverse image search for fonts
- cgtextures.com Free up to a daily limit, subscription fee thereafter.
- imageafter.com Free.
- mayang.com Free up to a daily limit.
- lemog.fr Free. Most are tiled.
- free-textures.got3d.com Free for a subset of the whole library, the rest available for a fee.
- newtek.com/freestuff Free but rights-limited. Requires registration.
- texturewarehouse.com Free but rights-limited.
- /~jeremy/photo/public Free.
- environment-textures.com Subscription fee required. Part of the 3d.sk family.