Revision as of 02:03, 4 August 2014 by Cheeseplus
Topics about texturing for games: texture map types, texture file formats, texturing techniques, etc.
- TextureTypes lists the map types used for texturing game models, like NormalMap.
- TextureFormat is for general-use texture file formats, like TGA.
- TextureFormatRuntime is for texture file formats used in-game, like DDS.
- TextureTechnique is for texturing techniques commonly used in game development, like HairTechnique.
- CharacterSculpting and EnvironmentSculpting have information on 3D sculpting.
- ConceptFundamentals has drawing and painting fundamentals.
- TexturingTutorials has tutorials for creating game textures.
- How often are 4096 textures used in next-gen gaming on the Polycount Forum
|ShoeBox: Mask Image - by Hendrik-Jan "renderhjs" Schoenmaker|
|Taking Better Photos for Textures - by Jordan Walker|
|Better Sharpening in Photoshop - by Ben "poopinmymouth" Mathis|
|Texture Photography & Processing Tutorials|