The method of repeating a texture more than once across a polygon. A tiled texture looks best if its edges seamlessly match up with each other, top to bottom and side to side. Tiling is a common method of using the smallest texture possible to cover a large area, like a small texture of a couple bricks tiling across a large polygon, creating a big brick wall.
Need to cover in more detail: repeat edge pixels, decal, texture filtering with non-tiling textures.
- ValueCorrection - Using LAB color in Photoshop to help fix tiling.
- http://www.twisted-strand.com/ut_tutorials/text_tut/index.html - Using the Clone brush in Photoshop to help fix tiling.
- http://www.twisted-strand.com/ut_tutorials/text_tut/index2.html - How to use the High Pass filter.
- http://www.twisted-strand.com/ut_tutorials/text_tut/index4.html - How to correct perspective to tile a texture like bricks.
- Tools#Tiled_Texture_Tools - Tools to create tiling textures, or to preview tiling while you edit.
- PhotoshopTools#Actions.2C_Filters.2C_Scripts - Tools for use in Photoshop.