The method of repeating a texture more than once across a polygon. A tiled texture looks best if its edges seamlessly match up with each other, top to bottom and side to side. Tiling is a common method of using the smallest texture possible to cover a large area, like a small texture of a couple bricks tiling across a large polygon, creating a big brick wall.
Need to cover in more detail: repeat edge pixels, decal, texture filtering with non-tiling textures.
- Carlos Montero: Value Correction - using LAB color in Photoshop to help fix tiling.
- CGTextures: Seamless Texture and Decal Timelapses - videos in Photoshop of making tiled textures from photos.
- CGTextures: Tiling Complex Patterns - creating tiled textures in Photoshop out of complex patterns like wallpaper.
- CGTextures: Photoshop Match Color - using Match Color in Photoshop to fix tiling seams.
- Matt Vainio: Proper Tiling - using the Offset filter and Clone brush in Photoshop to tile a texture.
- Matt Vainio: The high pass filter - using the High Pass filter in Photoshop to tile a texture.
- Matt Vainio: Advanced tiling - using Transform Perspective in Photoshop to tile a brick texture.
- Neil Blevins: Removing Brightness Variation To Make Tileable Textures - three Photoshop techniques to tile a texture.
- Photoshop Tools: Actions & Filters & Scripts - Tools for use in Photoshop.
- Tiled Texture Tools - Tools to create tiling textures, or to preview tiling while you edit.