- Yet another Gamma thread has info on tool problems, and how sRGB can help.
- Be gamma correct! by Martin Breidt - an excellent explanation of what gamma is and how to work with it. Saved here: File:Martin Breidt - gamma correct v12.pdf
- Linear-Space Lighting (i.e. Gamma) by John Hable - another great description of how gamma works. Saved here: File:John Hable - Linear-Space Lighting (i.e. Gamma).pdf
- Linear Workflow - The Whole Shebang by Daniel 'coldside' Dye - how to setup and use gamma in 3ds Max, for output to compositing software like After Effects and Nuke. See the Polycount Forum thread.
- File:3dsMax Gamma JP.pdf by Jeff Patton - a quick rundown of gamma settings in 3ds Max.
- Texture Leveling Polycount forum thread - discussion about why some game textures are very dark, and how an understanding of gamma helps to explain this.