Links and pages about the basics of concept drawing and painting.
ctrl+Paint - Digital Painting Simplified - by Matt Kohr "Working in the game industry under tight deadlines forced me to come up with a dependable Photoshop workflow. Ctrl+Paint is my attempt to organize these findings into clear, concise videos to share with the community."
THUMB WAR : Design Iteration Combat Simulation - by Paul Richards Concept art fundamentals.
PSG Art Tutorial - by Arne Niklas Jansson Painting fundamentals.
Babe Lab : Pinup Research & Development by Paul Richards and others Female caricature painting tips.
Elements of Perspective - by Bruce MacEvoy Perspective in depth.Scott Robertson.
The Aesthetics of Game Art and Game Design - by Chris Solarski An examination of the psychology of shapes and dynamic composition, applying techniques of the Old Masters to create more varied and emotionally meaningful gaming experiences.
Color Theory Overview - by Janet Lynn (Ford) Shallbetter.
Using the Gamut mask - by Wouter Tulp How to create and use a gamut mask, which help you define a range of harmonious colors for your concept palette.
Understanding 3D Form on Paper by Ron Lemen Understanding form via light and dark.
- Digital painting books by Don Seegmiller
- Digital Art Masters How to achieve certain effects in photoshop, general skin rendering, etc.
- Mechanika Creating Science Fiction Good techniques, covers composition and perspective as well.
- Bold Visions Digital Painting Bible
- 2DArtist Magazine Painting tutorials, artist galleries. Available printed or PDF.
- ImagineFX Magazine Painting tutorials, artist galleries, monthly DVD.
- Painting Tutorials Polycount Forum thread with links to more painting tutorials
- TexturingTutorials tutorials for game textures
- Tools software for painting
- Category:Reference reference images