Tutorials for creating game textures.
Painting Realistic Textures
See also EnvironmentSculpting
Painting Stylistic Textures
- Adding Highlights and Using SoftLight (paintover on 'snow's textures from Stylized textures - need help) - by Terrie 'Saiainoshi' Denman
- Adding More Color To a Texture (paintover on 'snow's texture from Stylized textures - need help) - by Terrie 'Saiainoshi' Denman
- 'Hand Painted' Step by step thing of some sort - by John "JFletcher" Fletcher. Polycount forum thread.
- So You Want To Be A Pixel Artist? - by Tsugumo
- Hand painted tiling grass texture walkthrough by Jeff ParrottHow to paint a custom grass texture in Photoshop that is tiled.
- Hand painted wood by Eric ChadwickAnimated gif of the painting process for a painterly wood plank texture. Finished texture here.
Vig's Collection of Bookmarked Tutorials
Vig's Collection of Bookmarked Tutorials Polycount Forum thread
Metal and Hard Surface Hard Surface Materials (metal scratches and wear)
Neil Belvins Procedural Paint Chips Check out Neils other materials too, even tho its 3D he breaks them down in a way that makes sense for 2D.
Flesh, Faces and Fur
Texture Painting - Michael Dashow and its that easy...
So You Want To Be A Pixel Artist? Oh you think pixel art is easy?
Handmade anti-aliasing Pixelart Tutorials A long forgotten tool.
Tips and Tricks
Tutorials - GFXartist.com Lots of tutorials and break downs of paintings.
pior oberson character artist its Pior foo, pay attention.
leigh van der byl Good to know general tips and tricks.
Honorible Death's Hard Light Tutorial Slime on a sphincter.
Digital Painting In PS #2 - ConceptArt.org Forums Read it, at least twice.
Watch Them Paint
Painting Tutorials polycount A collection of videos
Transport Design: Aerodeslizadores - Video - Sclipo Concepts a transport ship.
Normal Maps and How Not to Do Them
- Category:TextureTechnique = Texturing techniques commonly used in game development.
- Concept Fundamentals = The basics of concept drawing and painting.
- Painting Tutorials thread on the Polycount forum = Links to more painting tutorials.
- CharacterSculpting and EnvironmentSculpting = Information and tutorials about 3D sculpting.
- Reference = Reference imagery: photos, concept art, texture sites, etc.