Topics about creating skies for game environments.
Environment Sky Tutorials
- Bungie's Destiny - Art Dump on the Polycount Forum has a bit of info about their skyboxes.
- Creating a current gen 3D Skybox map? on the Polycount Forum has links and info.
- The Order: 1886 Vista Art Dump on the Polycount Forum shows wireframes & lighting passes for their skyboxes.
- Homeworld 2 – Backgrounds shows how vertex color was used to make their skies.
- Virtual Terrain Project: Sky / Atmospheric Rendering has many links to sky rendering resources.
- 360 HDR skies for sale? from the Polycount forums has a tutorial and links about photographing HDR skies.
- 3dmotive.com - Creating a Skydome is a tutorial for converting a latlong sky into a spheremap layout and mapping it to a dome mesh with Photoshop and 3ds Max. More free tutorials here.
- Big cube map pack free cubemaps by Emil 'Humus' Persson and Kostas 'kodde' Gialitakis
- CG Textures - Panoramic Skies ($) HDR sky panoramas.
- Philo's Sky Collection free sky panoramas.
- Dosch Design HDR Sets ($) HDR sky panoramas.
- Marlin Studios Panoramica ($) sky panoramas.
- Johannes Schlörb: Dreamscape 2.1 Immersive Sky Backgrounds ($) CG sky panoramas.
- 1000 Skies ($) sky panoramas.
- Vue is a popular skydome creation tool.
- Terragen is another popular skydome creation tool.
- Virtual Terrain Project: Sky / Atmospheric Rendering has links to sky texture sites.