Topics about texturing levels and environments in games.
Environment Texturing Tutorials
- Environment Art Blog - by Richard 'pipes' Piper and Rogelio 'rogelio' Olguin, also see the Polycount Forum thread.
- An exercise in modular textures - Scifi lab UDK - by Tor 'Snefer' Frick, an exercise in extreme texture atlasing, packing multiple maps into the four channels of a texture file.
- Technical breakdown: Assassin's Creed II - by Piquet 'Froyok' Fabrice, a dissection of the textures used in Assassins Creed, with a great video showing texture reuse in-game.
- Using Decals for Destroyed Structures - from the CryENGINE Art Asset Creation Guide
- Material Tutorials - by Philip 'PhilipK' Klevestav
- Texture Workflow videos - by Hiten 'Mistry10' Mistry, from the Polycount thread Mistry's Texture Workflow w/Video
- Creating tiling textures in 3dsmax - by Chris 'cholden' Holden
- Thirding - Utilizing your texture space for environment work - by Ben 'poopinmymouth' Mathis
- Hard Surface Texture Painting - by Stefan Morrell
- Tutorial: Brick Arch (Baking Multiple Maps in 3dsmax) - by 'mikebart'
- Using vertex blending to grunge a level and add variety - by Mario 'StrangeFate' Vazquez
- Lighting in game environments - by Sjoerd 'hourences' De Jong
- Painting with Light - by the cinematographer John Alton.
- Modular Texture Optimization - by Sander 'Snader' te Hennepe
- Concept Fundamentals