- Fixed it.
- "Normal map" was auto redirecting to "Normal Maps" for some reason, so I had to click on the "redirected from Normal map" link at top.
- Then I edited that redirect to point to Normal Map. Which fixed the problem.
- I deleted "Normal map", now a search goes right to Normal Map where the content is.
- Then I moved "Normal Map" to "Normal map".
- Update the page to incorporate the latest info. Remove the inaccuracies. Move extra info to new pages.
- Make it concise. Should be quick for newbs to find the best workflow.
- Add data from these threads:
- Understanding averaged normals and ray projection/Who put waviness in my normal map?
- You're making me hard. Making sense of hard edges, uvs, normal maps and vertex counts
- Official handplane support thread - Now freeware!!
- The best kind of beveling ?
- RNM Normal Map Combiner, by James "Farfarer" O'Hare
- Combine Normal, by "Vincentt" Callebaut, Combine normal maps script for Photoshop Polycount Forum thread.
- Earthquake on separating smoothing groups in the UV
- JedTheKrampus on offsetting Mirrored UVs
- Of Bit Depths, Banding and Normal Maps
- Skew you buddy! Making sense of skewed normal map details.
- A Practical Guide On Normal Mapping For Games
- Skewmesh Tutorial
- Future Xoliulshader support = why Xoliulshader doesn't work properly in 3ds Max 2013/2014.
Page organization ideas:
What is a Normal Map?
Breakout pages: Normal Map Technical Details
- Tangent-Space vs. Object-Space
- Converting Between Spaces
- Tangent Basis
- RGB Channels
- Common Swizzle Coordinates
- Normal Map Compression
- Synched Workflow
- UV Coordinates
- Reset Transforms
- Edge Padding
- Wavy Lines
- Pixel Artifacts
- High Poly Materials
- 2D Normal Map Tools:
- Nvidia Photoshop Filter
- Crazy Bump
- Substance Designer
- Flat Color
- Blending Normal Maps Together
- Pre-Created Templates
- Ambient Occlusion into a Normal Map
- Back Lighting
Breakout pages: Normal Map Modeling
- High-Poly Modeling Tricks
- Sloped Extrusions
- Edge Thickness
- mental ray Round Corners Bump
- Floating Geometry
- Smoothing Groups & Hard Edges
Warning about prevalence of misinformation.
- Related Pages
- 3D Tools
- 2D Tools